If there’s one thing that makes it easier for you to grow your list quickly, then that is to give away something valuable in return for the opt-in. If you’re not sure what to give away, here are 25 ideas to get you started in building your email marketing list. These simple ideas will help to build your email marketing list and create a loyal following. These ideas can also be incorporated into your newsletters so that you can keep your email marketing list subscribers engaged.
- A free PDF or report. Give them a report on something or a brief guide on something.
- An audio content or video download. A lot of people prefer to listen to audio in their cars or on their lunch break, instead of read. Both videos and audio have a higher perceived value!
- Access to a forum or discussion area. People will sign up just to get access to the advice and conversations in the private area.
- Tips. Give away a giant list of tips. For example, “101 Tips for a Better ………………”
- Tools. For example, if you run a graphic design site, give away Photoshop brushes for the opt-in.
- A guide or toolkit, this could be educational, to buy something or a full detailed informational guide. For example, write a buyer’s guide for choosing the best ………….. to purchase.
- A checklist. For instance, give people a checklist on what to look for when ………?.
- A free preview. For example, give people the first chapter of your book for free.
- Construct a course. For example, a 7-step course to …………… Deliver it in one email a day.
- Do a screencast. Record your video screen and give away the video. Use it to teach something on your screen.
- Do a Prezi or PowerPoint presentation. Prezi creates graphically stunning presentations that catch and keep attention.
- Give away reference material. For example, for a copywriting course, give away 10 examples of the best copy ads in history.
- Talk about mistakes to avoid. For example, “7 Mistakes Car Buyers Make When Shopping for a Car.”
- Interview someone in your industry. If it’s a recognisable name, you’ll get a ton of opt-ins.
- Access to a live webinar. They have to sign up now to get the time and phone number.
- A recorded webinar. You can make it seem like a time-limited webinar.
- A printable workbook. People fill as they learn. Writing down lessons helps boost retention.
- A free iPhone or Android app. This is especially appealing if the app is paid by default, but they can get it free by signing up.
- Give away a game. Make it educational so people learn as they play.
- Access to a contest. People have to join your email list to participate in the contest.
- Members-only events. If people want to come to the event, they have to sign up.
- Give away something completely off the cuff, but something that people would want. It doesn’t always have to be in your industry to be interesting. This tends to work in “over gifted” industries like internet marketing or weight loss.
- Give them something they’ll use every day. For example, a list of foods to eat and not to eat.
- Your old content. Lock your old content so people have to sign up to get access to it.
- Statistics. Who doesn’t love statistics! Give away a detailed report about little known statistics in your industry.
Work on one idea and then move onto new ones. The more valuable offers you have, the more new targeted subscribers you can bring into your email marketing list.
Tell us what your favourite tool is to build your email marketing list?