Organising some slides on a PowerPoint Presentation for a Webinar is still important even if you are doing a demonstration or screen sharing.
You can arrange to have an introduction slide as well as a final slide with your details and of course don’t forget a promotion slide too. PowerPoint has some really awesome presentation tools and we’re going to discuss some of those presentation tips below. There are dozens of other software available that can help you to come up with a presentation but PowerPoint remains to be the most user-friendly and easiest to use with lots of features. Here are 6 tips that can really help to rock your Webinar:
- A PowerPoint presentation should be used as a visual tool only, which can include snippets, bullet points, illustrations, images or video. The remaining job is that of the presenter to really engage the audience with the quality information that they are presenting. The presenter should also deliver the presentation with consistent energy that will engage the audience.
- PowerPoint presentations should not contain a lot of written text. If you fill your presentation with written text, you will find that the audience will not be listening to the presenter but they will be reading the text on the screen.
- Highlighting, bolding, underlining or enlarging text can draw focus to key points in your presentation.
- Use lots of images. Most people are visual so by using visual images to capture your topic, you will engage your audience. Infographics are also fantastic to use on PowerPoint presentations, try not to make them too wordy though as the audience will just read from the screen.
- Use your PowerPoint presentation to raise questions or present facts which will lead to questions from the audience and make your webinar and presentation really interactive.
- Use custom slides where possible – Differing from the built-in PowerPoint presentation themes will make sure your presentation is unique and give it an edge.
The average attention span of people is dwindling. We only allow a short time for something to capture our attention. Else, we get distracted and look for something else. So these are just a few tips on how can you make your PowerPoint presentation effective and keep your webinar attendees engaged!